- Are the meals fresh or frozen? The meals are always fresh.
- How long will the meals last? Because we don't use any preservatives and all the food is fresh, the meals have a 5 day shelf life from the day they are prepared. Snacks last longer, 1-3 weeks. There is a "eat by" date on the side of every meal.
- Are the meals gluten free? Dairy free? About 90% of our meals are naturally gluten free and/or dairy free. In store, look for "GF" and "DF" on the front label of the meal. On the menu, look for "GF" or "DF" next to the meal name. When shopping online, apply the "gluten free" or "dairy free" filters to see which meals do not contain gluten or dairy. We are extremely cautious when packaging the food, however if you have an extreme allergy please note that our facility is exposed to all seven major allergens.
- Can I customize the meals? No, you cannot customize the meals. Look out for our Pure Protein, Get Your Veggies On, and Carb Load items in store to build your own meal!
- Can I freeze the meals? While we recommend consuming the meals fresh for the best flavor, you can absolutely freeze the meals. Just keep in mind that some things will freeze better than others, for example cruciferous green veggies may not hold up as well. To defrost, let the food thaw naturally overnight in the fridge rather than using the defrost setting on your microwave.
- How much do the meals cost? $7-14 depending on the protein and portion size.
- What makes the meals healthy? Every meal is upheld by our nutritional philosophy. We focus on the essential elements of: clean, all natural ingredients; lean proteins that are 100% hormone and antibiotic free; complex, low glycemic index carbohydrates; healthy, unsaturated fats; fresh fruits and vegetables; and absolutely no processed or refined ingredients. In addition to the highest quality ingredients available, we emphasize portion control (because too much of a good thing is never a good thing) - each component of every meal is measured before going into the container. Our portion sizes are: small (3-4oz protein and starch, 3oz veggies) and regular (5-6oz protein and starch, 3oz veggies).
- How long should I re-heat the meals? Each meal has specific reheat instructions on the label. In general, meals should be reheated for 1:30-2:00 minutes depending on the wattage of your microwave.
- Are the containers microwave safe? Yes, the containers are BPA free and microwave safe.
- Can I reheat the meals in the oven? Yes, you can reheat the meals in the oven if you prefer. Just remove from the plastic container and transfer to an oven-safe container. We do not offer oven reheat instructions at this time.
- Do the lunch and dinner meals have different portion sizes? We don't classify lunch and dinner based on portions. Rather, you'll find both small and regular portion sizes in both the lunch and dinner categories. Which one you choose is based on your lifestyle and goals. For assistance, please contact our Licensed and Registered Dietitian, Allison Lesko: email@example.com.
How It Works
- Can I shop in store for meals or should I order ahead? You are more than welcome to shop at one of our storefront locations any day of the week; there is no need to order ahead if you shop in store as we keep our stores stocked with the full menu. If you'd like home or office delivery, place an order at least 72 hours in advance for a minimum of $75; you'll be asked to choose your delivery date and time during check out.
- Can I order meals online? Is there a minimum order amount? Yes, you can order meals online. There is no minimum for in store pick up. There is a $75 minimum for local delivery.
- How soon will my meals be ready after I place an online order? Please allow us 72 hours to place your order in the kitchen, prep, cook, portion, and package your healthy meals before they are ready for pick up or delivered to your door. You will be notified via phone or email when your order is ready.
- Where can I pick up my online order? You can pick up your order at any of our three storefront locations (Chesterfield, Brentwood, Creve Coeur). If your order is greater than $75 you will be eligible for local delivery if you are within our delivery radius (30 miles around our Chesterfield location, 14842 Clayton Rd Chesterfield, MO 63017).
- If I order in advance can you customize my meals? No, we do not offer custom meals.
- Do you deliver? Yes! We offer delivery to the local St. Louis area for orders over $75 within a 30 mile radius of our kitchen in Chesterfield. The delivery option will only be visible from your shopping cart when you have at least $75 worth of items in your cart. Otherwise you will be instructed to pick up at one of our three storefront locations.
- Do I have to be home when the meals are delivered? No, you do not have to be home during delivery. We will text you the day of delivery at the number provided during checkout with a 3 hour delivery window that you can expect your meals. Your meals will be in a insulated bag with ice packs and our driver will then text you again upon delivery. We recommend getting the food in your fridge within 3 hours of delivery.
- Should the cooler bags be returned during the next delivery? Cooler bags and ice packs may be returned for recycling or you may keep them if you'd like.
- Do you have meal plans? We offer one-on-one nutrition counseling with our Licensed and Registered Dietitian. She can work with you to create a custom meal plan designed for your specific goals and lifestyle. Learn more here.
- Do you have a discount if I buy in bulk? No, but we do have promotions throughout the year. Make sure you're subscribed to our newsletter and follow us on facebook and instagram to stay in the loop!
- What is your return policy? Per health code, we cannot take any meals back once they leave the stores. If you had a less than amazing experience with any of your meals please reach out and we will do whatever is necessary to resolve the issue.
- What is your refund policy? If you had a less than amazing experience with any of your meals please reach out and we will do whatever is necessary to resolve the issue.
- Do you provide custom meal plans? Yes, we provide custom meal plans through one-on-one nutrition counseling with a Licensed and Registered Dietitian. She can work with you to create a custom meal plan designed for your specific goals and lifestyle.
- Do you provide general meal plans? No, we do not offer general meal plans. If you need help with your nutrition, we are committed to getting you sustainable, long term results. Through years of personal training and nutrition counseling experience, we have found that lasting change comes from a plan that is specific to your lifestyle, your personal health history, and your lifestyle. Simply put, cookie cutter plans may get you started but a customized plan is what will get you sustainable results. If you're interested in a meal plan, our Licensed and Registered Dietitian can help create a customized plan based on your goals and lifestyle.
- Who can I talk to if I have a question about my nutrition? If you have any questions about your nutrition, please reach our to our Licensed and Registered Dietitian, Allison Lesko via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you offer any nutrition education? We utilize our blog to offer nutrition education resources. If you'd like us to write about a topic, please just let us know!
- What is the minimum order amount for catering? The minimum ordering amount for catering is 10 servings of any dish. For additional catering questions, please contact our Catering & Events Coordinator, Sara, via email@example.com